Monday, February 9, 2009

This I believe.....

This I believe….

My list of 25 things will be in the style of NPR’s “This I Believe” series began by Edward R. Murrow in 1952. I could write an essay on each of these beliefs; but for the sake of brevity,I will limit myself to a sentence or two.

1. I believe in God, His only son Jesus, and the Virgin Mary.
2. I believe I found my soul mate in Eddie. He makes me feel that all things are possible and that we are boundless.
3. I believe in love and the sanctity of marriage- only by sharing your life with someone can we truly be fulfilled.
4. I believe in the magic of motherhood because of the incredible gift of Nikki in my life. She has filled my days with so much happiness that mere words simply can not express.
5. I believe in the unconditional love of dogs and that beagles are the cutest breed. I also believe that one day I will see Archie, Penny, Rudy, and Shelby at the Rainbow Bridge in heaven.
6. I believe that "beer and wine" are a necessary food group.
7. I believe in the power of the printed word.
8. I believe in the therapeutic power of water.
9. I believe that living with physical pain makes you a better, more empathetic person to your fellow man.
10. I believe that living with metal (bionic) parts makes you feel more robotic and less human, only if you allow it to.
11. I believe that Broadway music can cure all troubles and bring anyone back to life.
12. I believe that music, poetry, film, literature and any art form soothes the soul and allows transcendence.
13. I believe in the miracle of medical science and the healing power of prayer.
14. I believe that surrounding yourself with “pretty things” will always make you feel at home- that your home should be your sanctuary from the world.
15. I believe people are infinitely good at heart. I have seen and felt the goodness of so many people in my lifetime that has strengthened this belief.
16. I believe that Christmas is the most magical time of the year.
17. I believe that Walt Disney World is the most magical place in the world.
18. I believe that one day I will be able to witness the Lord’s grandeur in the Grand Canyon.
19. I believe that one day I will travel our vast and wonderful country via an RV- visiting each state, meeting amazing people, and sharing all this beauty with Eddie.
20. I believe that one day I will be able to ski (they have handicap skiing) the mountains of Utah and Colorado.
21. I believe that one day I will write a book and it will be published.
22. I believe in the power of the human spirit to overcome adversity.
23. I believe in keeping service at the forefront of your life- that only by losing yourself in the service of others can you truly find yourself.
24. I believe in the healing power of laughter. A good belly laugh can cure all ills and see you through another day.
25. I believe in the power of the word ….HOPE. (It has always been my favorite word.)

No comments: